Dental Technology at Our Practice
We stay current on the latest technological advancements and best practices to provide the optimal patient experience. Whether you are getting dental implants, treatment for gum disease, or need a bone graft, you can count on Dr. Sawan Malik and his team to use the latest protocols and technologies for exceptional results.
We make use of the following dental technologies and equipment at our practice:
- The Wand® Anesthesia– This computer-assisted anesthesia system is great for patients who fear injections. The Wand reduces the discomfort of injections and makes for a better overall patient experience.
- Digital X-Rays– Modern digital x-ray technology offers benefits such as less exposure to radiation, shorter appointments and enhanced images to better diagnose conditions before they become problematic.
- Velscope®– We use Velscope to help recognize oral abnormalities and detect oral cancer in a minimally-invasive manner.
- i-Cat®– i-Cat Cone Beam imaging provides us with comprehensive 3D images of the face and jaw. It emits up to 10x less radiation than traditional x-rays and is useful for dental implant planning and detection of dental conditions.
- Plasma Rich Growth Factors (PRGF)– PRGF is used to promote healing, foster new bone growth and repair soft tissue. It is derived from the patient’s own blood and is considered extremely safe and convenient.